We understand you are operating in an environment characterised by ever-increasing legislative and compliance requirements. As the Australian Trusted Trader program introduces more and more features, the new benefits of accreditation become clearer. That’s why we sought and attained Australian Trusted Trader accreditation.
ONCE ACCREDITED, BUSINESSES HAVE ACCESS TO A GROWING RANGE OF NEW BENEFITS THAT SIMPLIFY THEIR CUSTOMS PROCESSES, SAVE THEM TIME AND MONEY
- Recognised as low risk for faster border clearance
- A dedicated ABF Account Manager – a single point of contact
- Access to priority trade services – advanced rulings, tariff advice, valuation etc
- Duty deferral: Improving cash flow and reducing delays at the border by enabling Trusted Traders who defer GST to be able to defer the payment of some customs duties on goods;
- Consolidated cargo clearance for importers – meaning one form and one charge for consolidated cargo for all sea and air cargo types
- A ‘seat at the table’ – providing an opportunity to help shape the program and the associated benefits
- Access to Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRAs)
- A reduced administrative burden on clearing goods
- Streamlined access to the Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) visa
- Streamlined access to the APEC Business Travel Card
A RAFT OF AUSTRALIAN TRUSTED TRADER NEW BENEFITS RECENTLY MADE AVAILABLE TO ACCREDITED TRADERS INCLUDES:
Origin Advance Ruling: This special advance ruling is available exclusively for Trusted Traders who import goods under the China-Australia Free Trade Agreement (ChAFTA). The Origin Advance Ruling replaces the need for multiple conventional advance rulings and is valid for five years and can be applied to multiple tariff classifications and rules of origin criterion
Trader Identification Number (TIN): Implementation of a TIN unique to each Trusted Trader will expedite recognition by MRA partners to reduce red tape and improve the efficiency of the border clearance process
Lighter touch at the border: Providing faster border clearance for Trust-ed Traders in recognition of the lower risk that they present at the border. This will enable the Department of Home Affairs and Australian Border Force (ABF) to have a greater focus on areas of greater or unknown risks.
No need for Certificate or Declaration of Origin (CoO/DoO): Australian Trusted Trader importers will no longer have to obtain a Certificate of Origin (CoO) to claim preferential rates of duty under more free trade agreements, including the following:
- Australia-Chile Free Trade Agreement
- Japan-Australia Economic Partnership Agreement
- Korea-Australia Free Trade Agreement
- Malaysia-Australia Free Trade Agreement
- Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement
- Thailand-Australia Free Trade Agreement
MRAs: Trusted Traders also benefit from the growing number of MRAs that provide priority treatment at the border. These are estimated to provide industry with benefits of more than $175 million over the next 10 years. There are now six MRAs in place with New Zealand, the People’s Republic of China, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore. Preparations for an MRA with the United States of America and Japan are in progress
Full implementation of Australian-Korean MRA: To improve predictability, certainty, and speed to market through an agreement between Korean and Australian customs administrations. This provides priority treatment of goods at the border through expedited clearance, reduced documentation and cargo inspections, and minimises disruption to trade flows.
The new benefits complement the existing benefits already in place for Trusted Traders.
Instead of weighing up the benefits of accreditation, we urge you to weigh up the impact of being one of only a few businesses in your market who isn’t accredited. Why let your competitors have the advantage?
Magellan achieved Australian Trusted Trader status in April 2018 because we wanted our clients to be confident their supply chains were supported by accredited industry leaders. It also gave us the experience and expertise to help you through the process.
Magellan helps businesses better navigate in complex and uncertain global supply chain environments to help them get ahead and stay there. Get in touch on 1300 651 888 if you would like to discuss how we can help you gain Australian Trusted Trader accreditation or email firstname.lastname@example.org