Maersk Line would like to advise all of our Australian customers of the port closures and container detention free time days applicable for this festive season.
National port closures are currently scheduled as follows:
- Christmas Eve 24th December – Work will cease at the end of dayshift 24th
- Christmas Day 25th December – No work all shifts
- Boxing Day 26th December – Work will recommence dayshift 26th
- New Years Eve 31st December – Work will cease at the end of dayshift 31st
- New Years Day 1st January – Work will recommence start of dayshift 1st
Usually free time is calculated on calendar days however we will this year not count the following days:
- Christmas Day 25th December
- Boxing Day 26th December
- Christmas Public Holiday 27th December
- New Year’s Day 1st January
- New Year’s Public Holiday 2nd January
We trust that this will make your transport planning a little easier over the Christmas and New Year period.
If you have any questions please contact your local Maersk Line representative.